Saturday, May 16, 2015

Interview on the Ethics of Moral Enhancement




I had the great honour of being a guest on the Smart Drugs Smarts podcast this week. I spoke to the host Jesse Lawler on a wide range of topics, all circling around the issue of moral enhancement and the extended mind thesis. If you want to listen, you can find it here.

This is a small sample of the topics we discussed:


  • The nature of enhancement and the difference between moral and cognitive enhancement.
  • Is morality too radically context-dependent to be a good candidate for 'enhancement'?
  • The extended mind hypothesis and criticisms thereof
  • A brief snapshot of my argument for favouring internal forms of enhancement over external forms.


Smart Drugs Smarts is a podcast dedicated to cognitive enhancement, nootropics and neuroscience. I recommend checking it out. It is definitely the best resource I've come across on the practicalities of cognitive enhancement.


No comments:

Post a Comment